harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Class unloading support
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:28:07 GMT
OK, my brain seems to be just waking up...  I was thinking of per-class
to reduce indirections at allocation time.  There's no need for
per-class data, only "one boolean per GC generation" in every class
loader.  The boolean is set when an instance (of a class loaded by this
class loader) is moved into the generation, and is unset when the
generation is collected.

As I said, I missed some of this thread's messages.  Maybe you already
came to a similar solution, maybe not.  I just remember seeing messages
about modifying the object header to help class unloading, which seemed
overly onerous to me.

Regards,

Etienne