harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][tools] Bundle manifest checker
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:50:09 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Peter Kriens created a tool to generate/verify manifests. I am not sure
> if it will work for your situation, but you can check it out here:
>
>    http://www.aqute.biz/php/tools/bnd.php

Thanks for the link.  Peter's tool will check for malformed manifests,
but I want to also check that the set of bundles we produce in a Harmony
build will resolve to a coherent system.

The checker reads all the manifests in the Harmony bundles, and uses the
Equinox resolver to find unsatisfied Imports and Exports as well as
invalid syntax.

The typical problem we see is people forgetting to import a package when
they create a new dependency -- I'd like to make that a build break.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)