harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][tools] Bundle manifest checker
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:15:23 GMT
FYI  I'm just playing at a new tool to check the manifests in the
classlib modules so we can detect breakages earlier.

Don't look too closely at it yet [1], it's work in progress, but has the
basics working so if you point it at an HDK (with a deliberate error in
math's manifest) you get:

 Checking bundles in HDK rooted at C:\Harmony\deploy
 WARNING: No manifest found in expanded bundle
C:\Harmony\deploy\jdk\jre\lib\boot\bcel-5.2
 WARNING: No manifest found in expanded bundle
C:\Harmony\deploy\jdk\jre\lib\boot\yoko-m1
 ERROR: There were resolution errors

 The following root cause was identified
 Could not resolve following constraint in org.apache.harmony.math
 	Import-Package: foo.bar; version="0.0.0"

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/harmony/enhanced/tools/trunk/manifest_checker/

Regards,
Tim