harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [announcement] Apache Board approved Apache Harmony as a Top Level Project of the ASF
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:28:15 GMT

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 00:21 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> I am happy to report that the Apache Board was willing to consider our
>> proposal and voted to accept it at today's board meeting.
>
> Woohoo! It actually happened in October. Your optimism was not unjustified :)
>
>> As stated in the Incubation vote, this is a necessary condition for
>> graduation from the Incubator.
>>
>> Therefore, upon a successful outcome of the Incubator PMC vote, we are
>> Apache Harmony, project of the Apache Software Foundation!
>>

>>                    Congratulations to everyone!
>
> +1 :)
>
>> When the vote is complete, we'll get to work on the transition
>> activities, but until then, just give yourself a well-deserved pat on
>> the back.
>
> Do the votes made on harmony-dev@incubator count or is your summary sent to
> general@incubator enough?

I thought I made it clear, so apologies if not.  I started another vote
on general@incubator because there were too many objections to having
the vote here.

So we're just waiting for the Incubator PMC members to vote on the
general@ list, a vote which is being held up by problems with one of the
main apache machines due to the move.

geir