harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][awt] headless support (was: Re: [snapshot] Questions about next snapshot...)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:45:53 GMT
Martin Cordova wrote:
> Oleg, I just read it, does this mean that all methods that don't need
> to throw the special Headless exception, are ready to work in headless
> mode?

Right, that is my question too.  I've seen the general description at
the URL Oleg sent, it's hardly a spec tho'.

Presumably it is easier for us to find all the methods that are declared
to throw a HeadlessException, and put in the isHeadless() test right
now, so we can have a compliant headless implementation before the GUI
is completed?

> If so, we are just a step away for supporting headless?

well we still have to get all the imageIO, print, font and other code
working that is required in headless mode.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)