harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] "multi-subject" JIRAs
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 05:24:44 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:

>> I accepted the DRLVM part, and rejected the classlib stuff as I think
>> that it would be cleaner and safer if those proposed changes to the
>> classlib were entered as separate JIRAs and discussed with the classlib
>> experts.
>>
>> Comments?
>>

> My comment is quite simple: let's allow such JIRA's but it becomes a task
> for the author to coordinate the changes with all the experts.
> If such a JIRA can be splitted into 2 separate JIRAs let commiter do it and
> post an explanation.

Ok - first, we certainly allow it - I'd sooner accept a contribution
from someone than push them away with a rule like this.

But that said, for the JIRAs that I was working with, people were
actively engaged, so why should we put it on the committer to do it, or
make it a "two phase" commit to complete the JIRA?   I'd  suggest simply
that the committer should ask if they want, like I did.  It worked out.

I don't want to create the new JIRA, as I'd rather the people that are
offering and engaging on the patch to do it so we know who to talk to,
etc...

geir