harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] List of current open doc issues
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:01:22 GMT

Konovalova, Svetlana wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I do not want to be too pushy, just have a suggestion to close certain JIRAs (whenever
you’ll find a chance).

> 1. To reduce the number of places describing the building process, to update the content:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1730 and http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1828
depended from the first JIRA.
> I’ve integrated the patches from JIRA-1828 into the ones from JIRA-1730. So, we can
close JIRA-1828 without loosing important info.

> As the result we’ll get the following building instructions docs:
>
> “Getting Started for Contributors” describing how to get configured to build and
work with the Apache Harmony source code.
> Please apply quickhelp_contrib.patch (3)/JIRA-1730
>
> “Getting Started for Users” providing basic instructions for users that
>     wish to use Apache Harmony for running their Java programs.
> Please apply quickhelp_users.patch (5) /JIRA-1730
>
> README providing instructions on how to point to local
>    versions instead of making the build download new ones from the net.
> Please, apply README.patch (7) /JIRA-1730
>
> I've removed the Building the Apache Harmony Class Library page [http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/build_classlib.html]
  because it's out-of-date. In this connection we need to remove the build_classlib.xml file
from the repository.
> I’ve removed all references to this page from wiki and other site pages (it increased
the number of patches…sorry about that..)
> Please, apply downloads.patch (1) and index.patch (2) /JIRA-1730

I committed 3 5 and 7, but I'd like some other opinions about changing
the classlibrary section - if things need to be fixed, should we fix
them rather than remove them?  I'd like the opinions of the authors of
that stuff...

> 2. To improve the “How to write GC” doc and update its content:

> Would be great if someone can decide its fate. :)

The patch was wrong - it included the navigation.  That's added in the
rendering process