harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] java.io.File bug?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:25:36 GMT
Hi All:

When login as 'root' under Linux, the following test case fails on
Harmony while passes on RI.
public void test_canWrite() throws IOException{
File f = File.createTempFile("test", null);
f.setReadOnly();
assertTrue(f.canWrite());
f.deleteOnExit();
}

I think RI's behavior is more reasonable since the 'root' account does
have read/write privilege for temp files. However, Harmony only treats
'root' as ordinary other users.
It seems that similar problem happens on java.io.File.canRead().

As we all know, File class deals with many different file object on many
different file system, would any one test File behavior on other file
systems.

Best regards

--
Spark Shen