harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:58:47 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Mikhail,
> The situation is possible with some Linux clones.
> And if we have such a situation I propose to take into account if we have a
> commiter/volunteer to check this platform.
> If we have a volunteer  - we support it.
>
> Another question is: what if volunteer is gone and no one supports the
> platform? Will we claim that Harmony no longer supports the platform?

No - to be supported, we have to agree as a community.  I'm wary about
there being one-person-supported platforms.

We can easily have two categories -

a) platforms that we certify as being compatible, and support

b) platforms that we certify as being compatible, but don't make any
support promises

geir