harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] graduate from incubator to be a Top Level Project of the ASF
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 04:05:46 GMT
The Harmony PPMC has been discussing and has approved asking to graduate
from the Apache Incubator and become a Top Level Project.  This means
that we would become an official project of the Apache Software Foundation.

In terms of our day-to-day life, nothing should change.  We'd get a new
URL for the project (http://harmony.apache.org) and our mail lists would
change to <whatever>@harmony.apache.org.  There also may be contributors
"out there" that are more comfortable contributing to a top-level
project rather than one in the Incubator, but given how solid this
project is (IMO), I don't see how that matters.  I mean, if it was good
enough for all of us to participate in, and for Intel, IBM, ITC to make
contributions to.... :)

Anyway, unless there is opposition from the community, we'll start
moving forward with this.

Any comments, for or against?