harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:01:18 GMT

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> Hello
>
> After reading several threads about drlvm tests failing for quite a while I
> decided we need to exclude them temporarily until the bugs are fixed. When on
> test fails, it means that other are not run after it because drlvm has
> several sets of tests which run in different modes, so there are many test
> runs in one "build test" command. When some test doesn't work for quite some
> time it means that other may not be ran for this period and we can get more
> failures accidently.

That's actually not true.  I never commit unless all tests (minus some
kernel tests) run.

The Finalizer and PhanRefQueueTest are flakey - I always repeat until
the passed, so the rest could run.   I'm just sick of it, so i did the
magic @keyword attribute and committed.

> Excluding tests is not good, but not running some basic commit checks is
> worse, so I think we need to disable them until the bugs are fixed. So far I
> know about 3 tests which fail for sure:
>
> gc.LOS - stably hangs on windows XP
> gc.Finalizer and gc.PhantomReferenceQueue - fail because of incorrect CCE
> condition detected, fail with rate less than 100%. Ok I've just read that
> Geir has excluded them already
>
> Are there any other tests which don't work perfectly to do a clean tests run?
> I think we need it do make minimal commit checks for drlvm.
>
> I've seen java.lang.ThreadTest in kernel tests to output something that it has
> failed on reference JRE. Is this test correct if it doesn't work on RI? The
> failure however doesn't seem to make test run to fail so maybe we could leave
> this test for now.
>
> I also have a question about 15 smoke tests excluded with XXX or X_int
> keywords. They've been disabled since I remember. Is there any reason why
> they aren't included in test runs?

I tried to put some back.  StackTest still doesn't work.  It's hard to
believe...   so I gave up and just kept going :)

geir