harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:53:12 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> 2006/10/16, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com>:
>> On 10/16/06, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Isn't it time to define the official set of supported platforms? ;)
>>

>> After reading the neighbour threads about hardware available for
>> commiters
>> and precommit criteria I think that we have no officially supported
>> platforms today (and IMO this is wrong).
>>
>> What is the difference in your vision between official supported and
>> official not supported platforms?
>
> IMHO the difference is we back commit if it breaks officially supported
> platform and not necessarily do if it breaks unsupported one

If pressed, I would assert that we officially* support Windows XP x86
and Linux** x86.

* = I say "officially" with the caveat that we are all volunteers here,
and support for a platform will only remain as long as people are
willing to volunteer to support it.

** = We should define to be a set of popular platforms.  I'll start a
new thread so we can put this to bed and get back to work ;)

geir