harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] JIRA - "port-<platform>" categories for JIRA?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:02:50 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:

>> > and when I create a new issue I can choose only one of the components.
>>
>> No, you can choose more than one. Try using "shift-click" or something.
>

> Thanks Geir, now I understand why JIRA does not need subcomponents.

Explain it to me then :)  I still think subcomponents would be cool,
since it would allow some structuring...

> So according to your proposal DRLVM, Classlib, Port-IPF are allowed to
> share
> issues. That is Port-IPF will contain bugs from Classlib and IPF and any
> other components that have IPF problems. Sounds good.

We already do that, I think.  For example, I'll set "App-Oriented Bug"
and "DRLVM" if I think DRLVM is the culprit, although the bug could be
classlib, or both...

> BTW is there any way to specify a component (or multiple components
> intersection) in JIRA search (I can't find it)?

Yes - you can.   If you go click on "Find Issue" on the 'menu bar'
(below the feather) after being in the Harmony project page in JIRA, you
  can choose components in the "Find Issues" screen.  You can create
those searches and save them...

FWIW, I've been trying to get the "patch available" field in our default
searches to work, but it usually results in me screaming and rocking
back and forth in the corner...

I know it can be done - Geronimo is configured that way - so I'll ask
someone there how they did it, or as Atlassian directly.  I tried
following their docs, but... see above re screaming and corner...

geir