harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:01:53 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> When we bring new platforms how will we make sure that a patch for some
> rare platform would not break another one?

Beyond sniffing the patch to ensure it looks reasonable, the best a
committer can do is to test it on the platforms he or she has available.
 After that we rely on the diversity of the community building and
testing the code to catch any problems; i.e. the change doesn't
necessarily end with the commit, it may still have to be backed out.

There is no guarantee of the stability of HEAD, we only get that by
taking a snapshot and everyone testing it with all platforms (c.f. say
Eclipse that does have a centralized build system).

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)