harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Luo <alexlu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Self-host of Derby
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:32:29 GMT
Hello:
        I have build derby successfully on RI.  But when I tried to run
the following derby's test  on Harmony, it failed.
*java -Dframework=DerbyNetClient
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest lang/supersimple.sql *
Btw, this test passed on RI.

(1) If  the VM is  J9vm, at first the test can't even be launched. After
applying the Sian's patch, this error seems to be fixed.
But the test still failed because of a strange reason, the error report
is described as following:

 *java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.util.loadDriver(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.util.startJBMS(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.util.startJBMS(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.ConnectionEnv.init(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain14.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main14.getutilMain(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main14.getMain(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.mainCore(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main14.main(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.tools.ij.main(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunIJ.run(RunIJ.java:45)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:872)
ij version 10.1
ij> -- by default, holdability of ResultSet objects created using this
Connection object is true. Following will set it to false for this
connection.
NoHoldForConnection;
IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
ij> create table a (a int);
IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection *

I find that the class *org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver * exists,
and I have included this class in ClassPath.
I write a simple test to load this class,  it works.

(2) If the VM is  DRLVM,  the test can't be launched, I paste the error
report in command line here:

*Failure to open JIT dll
D:\Harmony\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\
jre\bin/default/\jitrino.dll-1073021795
apr code: Unknown error

An unhandled error (4) has occurred.
HyGeneric_Signal_Number=00000004
ExceptionCode=c0000005
ExceptionAddress=006FC875
ContextFlags=0001003f
Handler1=00401010
Handler2=11105CE0
InaccessibleAddress=CDCDCDD1
EDI=0013F178
ESI=0013F0CC
EAX=01301794
EBX=00000002
ECX=CDCDCDCD
EDX=CDCDCDCD
EIP=006FC875
ESP=0013F0C8
EBP=0013F0D4
Module=D:\Harmony\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\jre\bin\default\h

armonyvm.dll
Module_base_address=00510000
Offset_in_DLL=001ec875

way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information. *

Has anybody ever met the same problem?