harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [general] JIRA - "port-<platform>" categories for JIRA?
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:47:52 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> On 10/15/06, Pavel Pervov <pmcfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Altrenative idea would be to use just architecture name as the first
>> classification tag for architecture specific issues (including porting to
>> that arcitecture).
>> Examples can be: [ipf], [ia32], [em64t], etc.
>> Example of JIRA could be: "[ipf][classlib][awt] natives build is broken"
>>

> I like Pavel's idea.
> Since we do not want to have separate branch for IPF it will be logically
> not to have it in JIRA too.

You missed my point, which was about the naming.

Being able to use the category tags is much more foolproof than subject
lines, since you can use more than one at a time, and it's cleanly
organized...  you can look  at different combinations.

Do you see what I mean?  In JIRA, we can then choose "DRLVM" and "IPF"
at the same time, so you can look at all DRLVM issues, or just a subset,
those for IPF, or all IPF issues, or just classlib issues for IPF, etc...

geir