harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] Unpacked archive; now reconstituted Jar file too :-)
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:10:18 GMT
Thanks for updating us on the progress Alex, it's good to see and sounds
like you have a clear understanding of how to progress.

Alex Blewitt wrote:
> I'm
> not sure if harmony uses BCEL elsewhere (or similar) but I'd prefer to
> write something that's entirely self-contained for pack200, since the
> pack200 stuff can be exported as an independent Jar and used in other
> systems (e.g. Eclipse) regardless of underlying VM.

We have BCEL as a dependency of the Yoko (CORBA) code that we picked up,
but if your requirements are modest then I agree that a simple
self-contained manipulator makes sense.

Keep up the good work.

Tim

--