harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 06:02:30 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> The current state of the IPF code in our codebase is "it won't build". So
> there are a lot of things to do before running first test.
> And for -every- commit of the IPF code IPF developers plus every commiter
> have to check that their changes do not break IA32/EM64T build.
> If you even could not built and run a simple Hello World why to keep it in
> the main trunk?

Because I'm terrified that it's going to be really painful to merge the
branches.  I mean, the code won't even build now...

So for every commit of the IPF code, yes, I'm going to check the what I
can in IA32/64T....

> So it could be  the question of a policy for any new platform we want
> support.
> My proposal is to keep it in a separate branch before it can be built
> and is
> not able to run simple tests.

It's harmless now...given it's not interfering with the other stuff,
what's the problem?