harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:37:38 GMT
How about trying to do in main line for now, reserving branch until needed?

We'd agree that committers put in the patches and test on supported
platforms (not IPF) and those doing the IPF work test and adjust as
necessary.

That way, we at least try to keep one codeline that we know works.  It
also would "restrict" the freedom of the IPF contributions to stay
within the bounds of the mainline code, and in the event an architecture
change is needed to support IPF that would affect other platforms, we
can talk together.

I volunteer to help with the IPF patches.