harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] DRLVM build on Windows
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:37:08 GMT
This should be listed somewhere under "Gotchas while building DRLVM".
It would be useful to have these helpful tips stored for future Harmony
contributors. I see there are already some useful DRLVM docs on the
website - perhaps some kind of "build troubleshooting" section would
also be good?

Regards,
Oliver

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/10/10, Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zakirov@intel.com>:
>>

>> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>> > Salikh,
>> >
>> > I've posted the last few lines from the output. There is no
>> compiler call.
>> > And the error message is the same with the mentioned in the first
>> letter:
>>
>> Ah, I see now. The compiler was never called, and the error is likely
>> to be printed by cctask. It looks like some cctask issue.
>>
>> By the way, grepping for the error message, I found this
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200606.mbox/%3Cc3755b3a0606230626t3564ac6ci153277bd71b47ad5@mail.gmail.com%3E

>> :)
> Salikh,
>
> this old instruction helped! :)
> Thanks for finding it.
>
> SY, Alexey
>

>> Some more things to check
>> 1) Maybe you have older version of cpptasks.jar in ant/lib? - If yes,
>> remove it
>> 2) Maybe the version that 'build.bat update' placed to build/make/tmp
>> is not 1.0b4? - Download real 1.0b4 version from
>> http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/
>> and compare with the cpptasks.jar in build/make/tmp. - If different,
>> remove build/make/tmp and re-run 'build.bat update'
>>
>> If this all still doesn't help, I'd say we're screwed with respect to
>> the build system.

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited