harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][regex|luni] build break
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:24:44 GMT
Tim Ellison 写道:
> So I checked in a patch for HARMONY-688's regex fix, and it passed the
> regex unit tests, but causes the existing luni tests to fail in
> java.util.Scanner.  I've not figured out the base cause of the failure
> so I've backed out the changes.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Hi regular expression guys:

After applying Harmony-688 on my local env. The following test case will
fail on Harmony but pass on RI
public void test_misc() {
String pattern = "*(\\p{javaDigit})++*";
Matcher mat = Pattern.compile(pattern).matcher("123");
assertTrue(mat.matches());
}

Since in Scanner implementation, the pattern "(\\p{javaDigit})++" is
heavily utilized to recognize integer numbers, then many of Scanner
tests fail.
Greedy quantifiler here works fine.

Would any regular expression guru look at this issue?

Best regards

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM