harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build]Lacks liblcms.a libpng.a and etc on Linux and recommend to add them to fetch-depends target
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:54:45 GMT
I see that you already said pretty much the same thing I did on another
thread [1].

IMHO we should make sure that if the fetch-depends target finds it
cannot sym
link to preinstalled system libraries, then the user is clearly informed
so they have
the choice to install them without having the archived file versions
unpacked. So
perhaps the fetch-depends step should still fail with a message saying
something like
"Could not resolve these dependencies, either build/install these
packages manually
or you can run this other target to have the archived versions unpacked
into your
dependency tree". (Hopefully a little clearer than that ;) )

Regards,
Oliver

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200610.mbox/%3c4523C7FB.6080608@pobox.com%3e