harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Dynamic class loading
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:09:05 GMT
Fedotov, Alexei A wrote:
> Hello, Nathan,
>
> Had Nikolay said anything about JVM modification? As far as I understand
> him the class library should be just enhanced with this smart class
> loader.
>
> Now imagine how our reproducers would look in JIRA:
>
> java -cp http://svn.apache.org/...
> -Djava.system.class.loader=org.apache.harmony.Nikolagent TestClass
>
> Just cut & paste it in your console with Harmony JRE in PATH!

Like I said, this can be done *already* with a loader written in java
that wraps around the system classloader without having to modify
*anything* in the way the java system runs.

Not that I'm against something like the above, but I'm not really happy
about introducing "harmony enhancements" before we pass certification.

--
Stefano.