harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build]Stale object files are linked to DRLVM
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:29:28 GMT

Salikh Zakirov wrote:

> Geir replied:
>> make?
>
> I know you are teasing (^_-)

I'm actually not.  Were there an additional 24 hours in a day....  There
is a whole list of reasons why I'm not a fan of the current system,
including maintainability as well as performance.  (Building classlib
takes far less time that DRLVM on windows, for reasons I find utterly
perplexing...)

> I can easily propose a couple of ways to use make
> for building DRLVM (i.e. running C++ compiler and linker). The last thing I played
> with was using shell-script for generating Makefiles using the source file list.

Well, cool :)  We have the ability to learn from and improve upon
classlib how we want to  try and handle platforms correctly...

geir