harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Wonka, Mika, and Apache
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:05:57 GMT

Chris Gray wrote:
> On Friday 06 October 2006 09:29, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Who owns the copyright and can therefore make the donation?
>
> Copyright in the original Wonka code belonged to Acunia, and hence now belongs
> to Punch Telematix; there were also a few small contributions from outsiders
> whom I'm fairly confident I can track down. Copyright in all changes since
> late 2003 belong to me or to a company called Proveo, who should also be
> willing to contribute their stuff (I'm writing to them now).
>
> Do you require the same docucmentation to be completed by all authors, or is
> there a distinction between main and subsidiary contributors?

There really is no distinction in our process.  I could easily be argued
that someone who offered a change that was entirely a derivative work
(say offering a patch that made a post-decrement a pre-decrement)
doesn't need one, but we're really trying to stay out of the situation
where we'd have to argue anything with anyone :)

geir