harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] too tired, need help
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 05:35:42 GMT
I'm trying to trace through the boot sequence chasing some boot
classpath property thing (luniglob sets it, and I can't figure how it
gets to us...), and I'm too tired, too dumb, or both to figure this out.

Launcher calls JNI_CreateJavaVM.  In our vmcore/src/jni/jni.cpp, we
define it, and it is  :

VMEXPORT jint
JNICALL JNI_CreateJavaVM(JavaVM **p_vm, JNIEnv **p_env, void *vm_args) {

     static int called = 0;

     init_log_system();
     TRACE2("jni", "CreateJavaVM called");
     if (called) {
         ASSERT(0, "Not implemented");
         return JNI_ERR;
     } else {
         create_vm(&env, (JavaVMInitArgs *)vm_args);
         *p_env = &jni_env;
         *p_vm = jni_env.vm;
         return JNI_OK;
     }
}

For the life of me, I can't figure out where "env" is defined or set.
create_vm() uses it...

Can anyone give me a hint?  Eclipse's C++ plugin seems to be useless here...

geir