harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1607 : where is the right place to put it?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:10:22 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Geir,
> I created this package to have a common place with other MSVC users in JIRA
> and I did not expect you want to put it into the trunk :)

Well, I think that we should put these things in SVN if we can, rather
than use JIRA as some kind of storage.

I think that some docs on this for the website would be nice, as well as
for Eclipse and any other environments that people use.

> But if you decided to add it I suggest adding it to the "drlvm/trunk/build"
> folder. So the resulting folder for MSVC2003 solution will be
> "drlvm/trunk/build/custom/msvc_2003".

Ok.  You're the expert.

> Note:This package does not complete today and contains only
> jitrino/encoder/em projects. If anyone has other MSVC project files for
> drlvm subprojects, please speak up.
>
> Offtopic:
> Geir, you said before you use IDEA for Java, so I think you like to use
> keyboard shortcuts instead of mouse. The Visual Assist plugin for MSVC
> allows me to work without mouse in Visual Studio too.

I used to do a lot of win32 system programming, and really did like
working in MSVC - but that was years ago.  I just prefer to work under
Linux.

I hate to admit it, I've been using Eclipse a lot lately because of the
C/C++ support :)

geir