harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] deploy.canonical ant task
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:46:36 GMT

Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Ok - I'm going to suggest something different that gets you what you
>> want, namely pass a flag to do the "fill up canonical" rather than pass
>> the deploy directory.
>>
>> That way, the build process is always the same, with an extra step if
>> you ask for it, rather than have it slightly variable as you suggest in
>> the patch.
>>
>> Make sense?
>
> Sounds acceptable to me.
> (Though I still believe that copying is unnecessary).

Why?  Having a "well known" target to find stuff is good.  Having the
standard build (from DRLVM POV) be standard is also good.  I guess that
the best way would be simply to create a link so that the caller outside
DRLVM could just pick up the material that way.

Anyway, since now the copying doesn't happen, why is it bad for the
federated build?  It's slow on windows compared to linux, but that's not
surprising...

geir