harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] AWT/Swing deps
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:33:56 GMT

Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 3 October 2006 at 19:16, "Mikhail Loenko" <mloenko@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As I threatened in my original post, I put them in
>>>
>>>   http://people.apache.org/~geirm/harmony/
>>>
>>> I could move them to the snapshot directory too, but I figure no one is
>>> going to assume that we are formally distributing them if they are in a
>>> personal directory.
>> Interesting statement. IANAL, but I'd assume we are
>
> Certainly we are in that sense but I don't think that is the issue Geir
> was trying to address.  (This certainly means we needed to meet the
> license requirements for distribution - though IIRC they are fairly
> minimal for these particular packages.)
>
> The issue is whether the Apache Software Foundation is considered
> to be formally responsible or if it is just something Geir is doing
> personally.

Well, if the project build is tied to it, it should be considered
something we are doing as a project *for ourselves*.

In the same way that we stuff things into SVN for our use, we aren't
claiming to be a distributor of those things.  Sure, it's available to
evereyone, but that's because of the open way we work.

geir