harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] AWT/Swing deps
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:20:46 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:

>> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
>> > I agree that downloading of prebuilt libraries is better choice.
>> >
>> > So we got only two options:
>> > 1. Find prebuilt libraries somewhere.
>> > 2. Build them ourselves and store them somewhere.
>> >
>> > I've tried to find prebuilt libraries but I was not successful. So it
>> > seems that the only option is to build them ourselves.
>> > And the only question is: Where to store them?
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> As I threatened in my original post, I put them in
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~geirm/harmony/
>>
>> I could move them to the snapshot directory too, but I figure no one is
>> going to assume that we are formally distributing them if they are in a
>> personal directory.
>
> Interesting statement. IANAL, but I'd assume we are

The key is the definition of "distribute".

The project (and therefore the ASF) has not decided to distribute the
software.  It's being made available for use by our developers in our
project tree.  (It's structured as a drop-in for the right place in
classlib/depends)

This is very different from us creating a release and voting on it.

geir