harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib] Should URLClassLoader convert class names? (See HARMONY-1622)
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:11:51 GMT
Looking at HARMONY-1622, I'm not convinced that we need to change
JarRunner in DRLVM, but rather should figure out what the right thing to
do is in classlib.

The issue is having a MainClass in the manifest contain "/" :

    geir/GeirTest

versus

    geir.GeirTest

My simple quick test showed that the RI will throw an exception with the
/ and be ok w/ the .

Currently, it's reported in 1622 that
o.a.h.a.t.j.u.j.JarOutputStreamTest  fails on the "/" in the main class
name.

I think that's actually right, if we want to conform to the RI. Right
now, though, either J9 does the conversion in it's JarRunner, or
internally it's classloader infrastructure is more tolerant.

Comments?

geir