harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "bootjvm" <boot...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [general] version of gcc and other tools
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:24:30 GMT

Comments inline.

BootJVM has been developed on:

3) Solaris 9, Sparc CPU, 32-bit mode:
    gcc 3.3.2
    gmake 3.80
    doxygen 1.4.4
    libz 1.2.3
    Sun JDK 1.4.2_06 'jar' and 'javac'
    makedepend (optional, several common editions have worked for
developers)

4) Some evaluation on Cygwin for WIN98SE
    gcc 3.3.3
    gmake 3.80 (I think, not currently installed)
    Sun JDK 1.4.2_05 'jar' and 'javac'
    makedepend

I am interested to learn what differences the newer 'gcc' editions
have that might necessitate code changes, especially in the 4.0+
world.  Anyone have some insight into this?  What about 3.4.6
per above info?  Does 3.3.x code need changing to go to 3.4.x?
Compile option changes required?   Etc.

Thanks,

Dan Lydick

... snip ...