harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor (was Re: [classlib][rmi] Code smell - Thread.sleep() in ActivationGroup method)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 00:30:48 GMT
I don't know too much about ME profiles, but my opinion would be to
start by treating the target platform as a full Java SE port and then
look to add optional ME modules to the classlib. For example, port
DRLVM to Windows Mobile on Xscale or ARM.

I've worked a little bit with IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment and it
runs on the ME-type devices, like Windows Mobile, but it also runs on
Windows XP/2003. Obviously this is the opposite scenario, but the
concept is sharing the same VM with a subset class library.

As for logging -- I agree with Tim, just don't do it. If we really
want logging, then just use AspectJ or the like. AspectJ can do
compile or runtime injection with the same aspects; at least it used
to a few years ago.

-Nathan