harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][concurrent] ASF block comments?
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 00:57:42 GMT

> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Nathan Beyer wrote:
> >> I made mods to them, so that they would compile. We've discussed this
> >> in the past; there was some invalid generics syntax that was valid at
> >> the point of the JSR166 PFD. For maintenance purposes, it was easier
> >> to take the single tag of code from the concurrency CVS than try to do
> >> a mish/mash approach. As such, there were a few compile errors.
> >>
> >> The problem in ConcurrentHashMap was in the putAll method;
> >> Iterator<Map.Entry<? extends K, ? extends V> was change to Iterator<?
> >> extends Map.Entry<? extends K, ? extends V>.
> >
> > Sorry Nathan, I had missed/forgotten that.  Such a simple change does
> > not strike me as separately licenseable/copyrightable.
> >

> I agree.
>
> > Did you specifically want to see the ASF comment block in that file or
> > would you be ok with a note in the implementation to show that it has
> > been modified from the original?
>
> I thought there was a tag in doug's CVS for the version that was put
> into java 1.5 from sun?

The last tag available is JSR166_PFD [1]. If this is what Sun used for
1.5, then they changed it internally. There are no tags, which are
more recent. Of note, the JAPI reports shows other difference between
Harmony's j.u.c and Sun's JDK 5, so the public API was changed
somewhere. We could just use HEAD if we don't mind starting Java 6
support.

Here reference to a previous post about this topic -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200608.mbox/%3c004701c6c493$62e72570$eb42fb0a@LITTLEGUY%3e

[1] http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/src/main/java/util/concurrent/?only_with_tag=JSR166_PFD