harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][concurrent] ASF block comments?
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 00:42:49 GMT
> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > I made mods to them, so that they would compile. We've discussed this
> > in the past; there was some invalid generics syntax that was valid at
> > the point of the JSR166 PFD. For maintenance purposes, it was easier
> > to take the single tag of code from the concurrency CVS than try to do
> > a mish/mash approach. As such, there were a few compile errors.
> >
> > The problem in ConcurrentHashMap was in the putAll method;
> > Iterator<Map.Entry<? extends K, ? extends V> was change to Iterator<?
> > extends Map.Entry<? extends K, ? extends V>.
>
> Sorry Nathan, I had missed/forgotten that.  Such a simple change does
> not strike me as separately licenseable/copyrightable.
>
> Did you specifically want to see the ASF comment block in that file or
> would you be ok with a note in the implementation to show that it has
> been modified from the original?

The changes are so trivial (no algorithmic changes), I don't think it
really matters. Just wanted to answer the post, so we knew what was
going on. I original put those headers in those files when I started
working with the code months ago based on suggestion on the mailing
list at the time, but I don't think the true triviality of the changes
were well understood.