harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:01:59 GMT
Stepan,

I support you idea, but IMHO the page you pointed out to is out-of-date.
I suggest using
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Platforms_to_Run_Harmony_Development_Kit_
on  as it seems to be much more suitable. I tried to support it adding
up-to-date info and posting the discussion issues. I'll be glad if you
find the aforementioned page useful :)

Cheers,
Sveta

-----Original Message-----
From: Stepan Mishura [mailto:stepan.mishura@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:46 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org; geir@pobox.com
Subject: Re: [general] POLL : supported platforms

On 10/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> We're a volunteer project, so "supported" is based on interest in
> community.  Lets be clear by writing down a set of platforms that we
as
> a community commit to support.
>
> I think we can define "support" as - "one or more people in the
> community tests on that platform on a regular basis, there are users
> that use that platform, and we have people volunteering to find and
fix
> bugs that specifically affect that platform"
>
> Just throw things out there and we'll gather the results and see
what's
> popular.  We'll summarize in 3 days.  Please be clear in indicating
what
> you think should be reported.  Don't vote against anything. To start,
> using a broad brush :

Geir,

I'd like to summarize the discussion to put the summary to web-site. I'm
going to add something like: "We aimed to support wide range of
different
platforms. The main criteria if platform is supported or not is that
there
are people interesting in running test on regular base, reporting build
status, finding and fixing bugs for that platform. A list of currently
supported platforms can be found at
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Platforms_to_Run_VM_on. "

BTW, I think we can also  use as indication if a platform is supported
if
someone set up Harmony build-and-test infra on the platform and
regularly
run it.

Comments? Objections?

Thanks,