harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject [doc] List of current open doc issues
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:41:09 GMT

Folks,

I do not want to be too pushy, just have a suggestion to close certain JIRAs (whenever you’ll
find a chance).

1. To reduce the number of places describing the building process, to update the content:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1730 and http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1828
depended from the first JIRA.
I’ve integrated the patches from JIRA-1828 into the ones from JIRA-1730. So, we can close
JIRA-1828 without loosing important info.

As the result we’ll get the following building instructions docs:

“Getting Started for Contributors” describing how to get configured to build and work
with the Apache Harmony source code.
Please apply quickhelp_contrib.patch (3)/JIRA-1730

“Getting Started for Users” providing basic instructions for users that
    wish to use Apache Harmony for running their Java programs.
Please apply quickhelp_users.patch (5) /JIRA-1730

README providing instructions on how to point to local
   versions instead of making the build download new ones from the net.
Please, apply README.patch (7) /JIRA-1730

I've removed the Building the Apache Harmony Class Library page [http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/build_classlib.html]
  because it's out-of-date. In this connection we need to remove the build_classlib.xml file
from the repository.
I’ve removed all references to this page from wiki and other site pages (it increased the
number of patches…sorry about that..)
Please, apply downloads.patch (1) and index.patch (2) /JIRA-1730

2. To improve the “How to write GC” doc and update its content:

Would be great if someone can decide its fate. :)

3. To make "DRLVM Dev Guide" more up-to-date and nice-to-read:

I'll be glad if you find a chance to look at the patches and apply them :).
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sveta Konovalova