harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:15:41 GMT

Gier,

An idea came to my mind how to collect votes in an effective way.
Taking into consideration the information from the "[general] POLL :
supported platforms" mailing list, I've just created a wiki page
"Platforms to Run Harmony Development Kit on" [1] to define
"sure-to-work" configurations. Everyone can share his/her experience
there adding comments whether this or that platform works or not and
how: stable, or unstable, or buggy etc.
What's your opinion about it?

[1]
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Platforms_to_Run_Harmony_Development_Kit_
on

Cheers,
Sveta Konovalova

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 7:58 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [general] POLL : supported platforms

We're a volunteer project, so "supported" is based on interest in
community.  Lets be clear by writing down a set of platforms that we as
a community commit to support.

I think we can define "support" as - "one or more people in the
community tests on that platform on a regular basis, there are users
that use that platform, and we have people volunteering to find and fix
bugs that specifically affect that platform"

Just throw things out there and we'll gather the results and see what's
popular.  We'll summarize in 3 days.  Please be clear in indicating what

you think should be reported.  Don't vote against anything. To start,
using a broad brush :

Windows
=======
Windows XP x86