harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] version of gcc and other tools
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:23:22 GMT
Gier,

AFAIS work goes continually to test various combinations of environment
and tools, and because combinations that are stable today might get
broken tomorrow, we can keep this info on Wiki for easier editing.
IMHO we can create a Wiki page, let's say "SureToRunConfigurations" and
add a link from Quick Help to this page. To begin with, we can use the
info from the harmony discussion to create the page. What do you think
about it?

Cheers,
Sveta Konovalova

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:11 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [general] version of gcc and other tools

I'm so sick of this gcc problem.

Lets decide on the versions for GCC and other tools that "will work".  I

feel the same way that mark does re that being able to build on multiple

versions gives a better feeling of goodness and harmony in the universe
and I encourage people to work on other versions (I will), but it's
gotta be the case that we have a "reference toolchain" - that no matter
what, it will work on there, and probably a list of tested versions

So, what tools and what versions are people working with ?   here's a
partial list of mine :

1) WinXP : Visual Studio .NET 2003

2) Linux x86 :
     GCC : 3.4.6
     g++ : 3.4.6
     make : 3.81b4

What are you using?  what other tools should we list?

I recently setup a new machine (linux) and now have the complete list of

stuff that has to be installed (starting from fresh ubuntu6) and will
post that on the getting started document on teh website.

geir