harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: README.txt patch Was: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel tests are run on Windows at revision 448448
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:36:44 GMT
Mikhail,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

I'll create a new patch taking into consideration your comments.

Cheers,

Sveta

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikhail Fursov [mailto:mike.fursov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 1:33 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: README.txt patch Was: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel
tests are run on Windows at revision 448448

Sveta,

Yes.

IMO we have to say at least a few words for every top level directory we

have.

The dirs we have today are:

>ls

MMTk

doc

em

gc_cc

gc_gen

gcv4

include

interpreter

jitrino

launcher

port

tests

thread

vmcore

vmi

vmstart

These items are missed in your version:

gc_cc - The Stop-the-world adaptive copying / slide compacting garbage

collector with dynamic algorithm switching.

gc_gen - The generational garbage collector.

gcv4  - The mark-compact garbage collector.

thread - The thread manager (TM) library. This library is aimed to
provide

threading capabilities for Java virtual machines.

On 10/12/06, Konovalova, Svetlana <svetlana.konovalova@intel.com> wrote:

> Mikhail,

> Thanks a lot for review! AFAIU I need to modify the source tree [1.

> DRLVM SOURCE TREE CONTENTS], am I right? Should I add 3 different GC

> folders on the top level after "build", for example?

> <EXTRACT_DIR>/trunk/

>         +---build          - Files required to build the contribution

>         \---vm             - VM source files

>             +- doc         - DRLVM Developer's Guide and Getting
Started

> guide

>             +- em          - Execution Manager component responsible
for

> dynamic optimization

>             +- gc          - Garbage Collector component responsible
for

> allocation and

>             |                reclamation of Java* objects in the heap

>             +- include     - Set of header files containing external

> specification

>             |                and inter-component interfaces

> Please right me if I'm wrong. :-)

> Cheers,

> Svetlana

kernel

> tests are run on Windows at revision 448448

> Sveta,

> I looked through the README doc. The latest patch looks significantly

> better

> then the first one.

> The only item is missed is that we have 3 different GC folders today
on

wrote:

> > Folks,

> > I took a close look at the README file and Quick Help pages for
users

> [1]

> > and developers [2] and created patches for these three docs [JIRA

> 1730] <

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1730>   Taking into

> > consideration latest changes, I fixed duplication of info and

> out-dated

> > content, and tried to improve language in some places.

> > It would be great if someone can find a chance to look at the
patches.

--

Mikhail Fursov