harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] build fails: build-java.xml:143: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:37:47 GMT
> Which JRE are you using to run Ant?
> I don't know what the default -Xmx is for Sun.

I was using Sun JDK 1.5.0 indeed. There is some info about memory
limits in Sun VM at [1]:

<--
 maximum heap size:

    Smaller of 1/4th of the physical memory or 1GB. Before J2SE 5.0,
the default maximum heap size was 64MB. You can override this default
using the -Xmx command-line option.
<--

However, it is only valid if the parallel gabage collector is used.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/vm/gc-ergonomics.html

Regards,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division, Russia