harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] creation of "jdktools"
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:14:21 GMT
> Now that we have javac, javah, javap (if Tim votes ;) and keytool, I'd

BTW, we have more tools indeed. I mean RMI tools:

rmic <-> java org.apache.harmony.rmi.compiler.Main
rmid <-> java org.apache.harmony.rmi.activation.Rmid
rmiregistry <-> java org.apache.harmony.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl

We can hack the launcher to enable these three tools too. Seven tools
is more than just four. :)

Regards,

> Now that we have javac, javah, javap (if Tim votes ;) and keytool, I'd
> like to organize these and add them to the next snapshot.
>
> So I propose adding a new top-level directory called "jdktools" (and
> rename "tools" to "project_tools") and create a build target that - with
> a  dependency on classlib for the launcher - creates the 'stuff' needed
> to fill into the JDK.
>
> Any comments?
>
> geir

Alexei Zakharov,