harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] removing \t from sources
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:44:39 GMT
I see. This IMHO is another argument why \t is bad. My script will not
be able to handle this, it just replaces one string pattern with
another. So such cases should be handled manually or with the code
formatter. However, the drawback of the code formatter is that it
removes the "author's personality" from the code.

But IMHO mixing spaces with tabs in the single unit of indentation is
even worse than just using tabs. Normally people use either tabs or
spaces. I suppose that mixes appear when the original source with tabs
is being edited with IDE configured to use spaces. I haven't seen many
of such cases in HY code, at least in the modules I worked with.

With best regards,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division