harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Volynets, Vera" <vera.volyn...@intel.com>
Subject [drlvm][test]Exclude some tests from "build test" target, make 'build test' pass
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:29:02 GMT
Geir
Some tests launched by command "build test" fail.
The idea of  "build test" is to run it before each commit. In this way you can catch regressions.
In order to effectively catch regressions, i.e. tests that started to fail after some change,
it's necessary to have 'build test' pass in a stable way. One of the ways to achieve stable
state
is to exclude failing tests or tests which show unstable behavior.
So I analysed statistics of test runs on win ia32 platform and made up a list of tests to
be excluded:
1) smoke
*** gc.LOS fails always on jitrino and interpreter, debug and release
2) kernel
*** java.lang.ClasssGenericsTest and
*** java.lang.ClassGenericsTest4 fail because of timeout, so I  increase timeout in kernel.test.xml
*** java.lang.ObjectTest fail on interpreter with following message:
     Testsuite: java.lang.ObjectTest
     Tests run: 18, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 6.109 sec
     Testcase: testWait1(java.lang.ObjectTest):	FAILED
     An InterruptedException must be thrown in test thread!
    junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: An InterruptedException must be thrown in test thread!

See HARNONY-1966 issue with attached patch.

Vera Volynets
Intel Middleware Products Division