harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Revision #465514 broke image decoders.
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:59:24 GMT
Unit tests for the decoders are up there in [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1954

On 10/24/06, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's the start of a unit test, are you going to finish it? ;-)
> Well, I'll look into this. We need to put a couple of images for this
> kind of test somewhere...
>
> > But not a lot compared to the number of cleanup changes Nathan has been
> > busy making!
> Right, I am sorry. This cleanup is a great work. I suggested to roll
> back because I thought that there could be other places with similar
> issues that could have been missed. AWT has a lot of native code, so
> refactorings should be done with this in mind. The test coverage for
> AWT is quite poor, in comparison with the undelying functionality,
> it's quite easy to introduce a new bug in it.
>
> On 10/24/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 24 October 2006 at 18:25, "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > > > Where are the tests for these decoders? How did you determine that
> > > > > they no longer worked?
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, these classes are not covered with the unit tests.
> > >
> > > I was running a simple test application that did something like this:
> > > Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage("image.jpg");
> > > and if failed with a NPE.
> >
> > That's the start of a unit test, are you going to finish it? ;-)
> >
> > > > I removed the final modifiers
> > > At the first glance it seems like the problem doesn't appear any more.
> > >
> > > > There were only 3-4 other fields that were finalized. Your email
> > > > mentioned "a lot of invalid modifications"; what are the other issues,
> > > > specifically?
> > > Only final fields. No other issues. But 3-4 in 3 classes - it is alot for me
> > > :)
> >
> > But not a lot compared to the number of cleanup changes Nathan has been
> > busy making!
> >
> > Regards,
> >  Mark.
> >
> > > On 10/24/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > I removed the final modifiers; this only affected PngDecoder,
> > > > GifDecoder and JpegDecoder. I missed the comments in the fields of
> > > > JpegDecoder, that was my mistake.
> > > >
> > > > There were only 3-4 other fields that were finalized. Your email
> > > > mentioned "a lot of invalid modifications"; what are the other issues,
> > > > specifically?
> > > >
> > > > -Nathan
> > > >
> > > > On 10/24/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > Where are the tests for these decoders? How did you determine that
> > > > > they no longer worked?
> > > > >
> > > > > I'll remove the final modifiers.
> > > > >
> > > > > -Nathan
> > > > >
> > > > > On 10/24/06, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Rev. 465514 introduced a lot of invalid modifications to the
> > > > > > GifDecoder, PngDecoder and JpegDecoder. There were a number
of fields
> > > > > > modified or initialized from the native code only, but they
were
> > > > > > redeclared as final, so the decoders doesn't work properly any
more.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This revision has the following comment:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Cleanup code
> > > > > > * Add if/else braces
> > > > > > * Add missing annotations
> > > > > > * Add type variables
> > > > > > * Use foreach loops
> > > > > > * etc
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I'd suggest to roll back this revision and redo the cleanup
in the
> > > > > > more accurate way.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > >   Oleg
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message