harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Revision #465514 broke image decoders.
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:25:05 GMT
> > Where are the tests for these decoders? How did you determine that
> > they no longer worked?

Unfortunately, these classes are not covered with the unit tests.

I was running a simple test application that did something like this:
Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage("image.jpg");
and if failed with a NPE.

> I removed the final modifiers
At the first glance it seems like the problem doesn't appear any more.

> There were only 3-4 other fields that were finalized. Your email
> mentioned "a lot of invalid modifications"; what are the other issues,
> specifically?
Only final fields. No other issues. But 3-4 in 3 classes - it is alot for me :)