harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] enabling AWT/Swing by default (was: Re: svn commit: r452826 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk: depends/libs/build/ depends/libs/windows.x86/ make/depends.properties make/depends.xml)
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:03:52 GMT
Alexey,

Agree. I haven't noticed that RI doesn't accept invalid write method.
Then its behavior looks illogical. Actually, I asked about comments
especially because I expected a feedback from beans authors. Thank
you.

On the other hand, why don't we allow Harmony to accept invalid names
and provide a default replacements for them if there is a set/get/is
method for the specified property? It seems to me more user-friendly
then throw IntrospectionException in this situation. It looks like the
specification doesn't require PropertyDescriptor to throw an exception
in this case. This will also prevent us from breaking applications
that uses this RI behavior.
What is your opinion?