harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][kernel]A bug or non-bug difference?
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:29:07 GMT
I've tried Log4j on Harmony and found there are many failures caused
by one difference between RI and Harmony. The
Throwable.printStackTrace(PrintWriter) calls the *println* method of
PrinterWriter on RI whereas calls *print* twice(Obviously print
msssage then print a line separator) on Harmony. It will cause
different behavior when a user inherit the PrinterWriter and override
these two methods. Shall we fix it or leave as an non-bug difference?

refer to testcase below,

public class TestThrow {
        MyWriter mw = new MyWriter(System.out);
        Throwable throwable = new Exception("Just Testing");
        throwable.printStackTrace(mw);
    }
}
class MyWriter extends PrintWriter {