harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]97.16% tests of Apache Ant passed on Harmony
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 03:23:59 GMT
Hi Fedotov,

On 10/14/06, Fedotov, Alexei A <alexei.a.fedotov@intel.com> wrote:
> Tony,
> Let's try and converge our visions. BTW, I really like your work about ANT unit tests.
I really like the webpage too:)  It saved much time for me.

> >What I want is a more flexible one
> Could you please give more details on that?
Yes, I guess the table in your database may have such fields, like Id,
OS, Compiler, JVM, Build, date, etc. IMO to add an field like
*category* and let me input for that when submit new results can make
it more clear when display them in the front page. You may notice that
I have to record *ant selfhosting* in the field os as a work around
now:)

Further, there is another improvement to make the search fuction be capable to
 search by fields. For example, search *Uploaded by=Tony* to show what
I have submited before.

>I just tried looking for '.ant.' and got your results separated. What
would be a use case to add more search capabilities?

not exactly. for example, searching for 'ant' get 1101 results but
actually there were 1125 :(

> I could imagine enhancing our system with something differentiating class library tests
and ANT tests, say a pointer to a test source repository. Is it what you are talking about?

That's a good idea. I notice you may have done this with cc on harmony:)
But I think to run tests on other appaction may need some specific
configuration and it is not necessary to integrate frequently. We
clould run it manually after some corresponding fixing. Please correct
me if I am wrong :)