harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Disher" <jmdis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] signalis interruptus in hysock
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:26:23 GMT
The problem is larger than SA_RESTART since a VM can receive signals for
which it did not set SA_RESTART.  On some platforms, forcing EINTR is the
only way to break a thread out of an indefinitely blocking syscall.  Losing
this information would cause us to lose the ability to perform these kinds
of operations.

If the lower level didn't generate the signal, it probably shouldn't assume
its intention.

The timeout handling is an issue which we can probably resolve by stating
that the timeout value is undefined after a call to hysock_select.

Does that make sense?
Jeff.